As we enter a new phase of the pandemic, we know from partners across the sector that many victims of domestic abuse will need help and assistance in the coming months. Our message is clear that all forms of domestic abuse are unacceptable in any situation and help is available.
We want victims to know:
- Anyone can be a victim and, whatever their circumstances, help and support is available.
- Whether you experienced domestic abuse during lockdown, or are experiencing it now, it is never too late to seek support.
- Free, confidential support and advice is available 24 hours a day.
- Although it may seem like a difficult step, there is no shame in seeking help.
- You are not alone.
- Although it might be nothing it could be something.
- Domestic abuse can take many forms and there are signs they can spot.
- Friends and family can be a vital lifeline for victims.
- Friends and family can also turn to help and support
Action Needed Immediately Pharmacies showing the Ask for Ani symbol can get you immediate help if you are experiencing domestic abuse.